Torgesen Family Times


{We are trying to enjoy and record the moments that make life special}
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cookies and Kids Par-tay!

Yesterday we hosted a Cookies and Kids party for all the new families I've meet along this wonderful journey. Some people might think I'm crazy, with work, the holidays and hosting a party at my house with 10 little ones.

But, it was a blast.

I cooked up some quick home made chili with cornbread and all the fixins and had some wine, cheese and crackers and veggie tray. That's it! It was fairly easy to get together! We decorated the house and I made my fudge. The deal was to bring some cookies/candy or confection treat to then split up and share with everyone. We had tons of great treats and I think eveyone went home happy.

We sure had a good time and it was totally worth it to me to do all the work so that I could see some of my new Mom friends and the babies! My how they have grown!

My home made chili recipe (well, actually it's my Mom's):
Brown about 1-2 lbs meat (I used ground turkey)
saute one chopped onion
add a little bit of garlic after the onions are sauted
then add some canned tomatoes (I used diced) and some cans of "chili" beans until it looks the right proportions.
Add oregano, cumin and chili spice, salt and pepper to your liking.
Bring to a boil and cook for a while.

Serve with sour cream, onions of some sort and CHEESE!

There you go - chili away!

0 comments: