Torgesen Family Times


{We are trying to enjoy and record the moments that make life special}
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cancun, part 4

We went diving on the 5th day of our vacation – Lance, myself and Grandpa Steve.  The kids stayed with Grandma Connie and played on the beach and never fought once, we heard (! they only fight when we are around, I guess). 

 

We had an amazing time!  I got a refresher (taking my air out, clearing my mask, etc) since I haven’t dove since our honeymoon 10 years ago.  It was a good thing!  I didn’t remember much, but just like riding a bike – it came back to me easily.  I’m SO glad I did it.  The real dive was very easy compared to the refresher and I felt very comfortable. 

 

We took these videos with our go pro silver.  It takes amazingly cool HiDef videos.  It’s a wide fish eye angle, so things get distorted a bit.  But, we love the clearness of these movies.  It also seems like it has stabilization, but I don’t know that for sure.  It only has 2 buttons on the camera, plus one button for wifi.  It’s kinda intimidating for me – I’m used to way more buttons!  But once you get the hang of it, it’s OK.  Actually – the go pro was Lance’s “baby” on this trip.  He was taking movies left and right.  Also, as a note – the go pro doesn’t have great sound, or good sound at all. It’s all waterproofed, so sound is not good or even there much at all.  Also, the colors are so less vibrant than what you see when you are down there.  It looks all blue. 

 

Our kids are also loving to blow kisses lately, so I thought when we were waiting for our 3 minutes while surfacing, that we could blow kisses to them underwater to let them know we were thinking of them.  They loved it when we showed it to them when we got back. 

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

Allison's refresher

 

Lion fish

 

Underwater and and eel

 

Blowing kissess

0 comments: