Torgesen Family Times


{We are trying to enjoy and record the moments that make life special}
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sara Pee Wee soccer and my coaching debut

IMG_8166-small

 

I had my coaching debut this last weekend – a newly minted coach of Pee Wee soccer (3 & 4 year olds).  We have done this same program with Alex for 3 years and had a lot of fun.   Finally, it was Sara’s time to try out soccer and I thought – I can coach!  They are always looking for someone to volunteer and I can do this!

 

Well, I must say – it was fun! 

 

There are 10 kids on my team, which is challenging (it would be great if this was like 5-6 kids).  But, let’s be real here for a second – it’s not really soccer – it’s more like an introduction to soccer and it’s kind of similar to herding cats at that age. 

 

It was funny – someone was saying to me that they couldn’t coach since they never played soccer – and I blew their mind since I said that I’ve never played soccer either!  It doesn’t matter!  But, at this point its not really about soccer (see above).  It’s really about separating from your parents at this age, and playing something new, and starting to be social among the 3-4 year old crowd.  It’s also a bit about the beginners guide to an organized game.  I had kids that were the full spectrum – one kid who never even detached from his parents the entire time, one kid who already knew how to basically play and score, get the ball from other players, and everything in between.  I even have a set of brothers who wrestle the whole time!  Not joking!   

 

It was a ton of work, but a lot of fun.  And the best part was watching Sara play with a BIG smile on her face! 

 

Sara’s favorite is that our shirts are her favorite color – green!  And our team name is the Giraffes.  Sara got to kick the ball and made a goal.  And after a big day of playing soccer for the first time – we ate lunch, played a bit, watched a cartoon – and she was lights out for about an hour (a rarity these days) on the couch. 

 

 

IMG_8162-small

 

IMG_8167-small

 

IMG_8169-small

 

IMG_8172-small

 

IMG_8174-small

 

IMG_8178-small

0 comments: