Torgesen Family Times


{We are trying to enjoy and record the moments that make life special}
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bathroom Remodel ... almost done, almost!

Almost done - but not quite. We just have to have the glass door for the shower installed along with the mirrors (should be on Monday). A couple of changes, adding an outlet where the contractor and I had a miscommunication, separating the fan and a light on the switch, and adding a "roof jack" for the fan to vent. Apparently all the air is going out of a 2" hole and it's causing the fan to be very noisy. After the roof jack is installed it should fix the noisy fan.

Although we are in the home stretch - it feels like it's taking a long time to finish all the little details. We already have our next (huge) project scheduled for Labor day weekend! The stairs.

But, for now - a picture update of the bathroom.


The shower is all done, except for the final plumbing fixtures and the glass shower door. The one thing I would probably change if I could - would be the glass block. If I could go back, it would be just glass, with a glass shower door in the middle. But, since we aren't made of money - it will stay. It's just the darn grout! I didn't even think about glass block having grout! I do not like to keep up grout.


Here is a veiw of the tile in the shower. I love the little clear glass tiles randomly placed in the chocolate brown stripe. I'm so glad I made that last minute decision.


The new vanity, countertop, sinks, etc. All the fitures are in now and the lighting. We are just waiting on the mirrors.


Here is a close-up of the granite. It is really beautiful. Lance didn't like it at first and thought it was too busy. But, now that it's almost done, and we will start putting our bath supplies back in - I think it will start to grow on him.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: